m COVID-19 Statement - Outlaw Triathlon

It’s now very clear that the Outlaw Triathlon Series, and your ability to prepare and train, are already impacted by the coronavirus. We have worked through various scenarios and would like to assure you that the interests of our valued competitors are at the forefront of our minds. Whilst we still have further negotiations to make with venues, suppliers and insurers, the below sets out our current thinking. It’s going to be impossible to find solutions that suit everybody, but we hope the range of options demonstrates our commitment to you and the long-term continuation of the Outlaw Triathlon Series.

These are unprecedented times, none of us has faced a challenge like this during our lifetimes. But the triathlon community is amongst the most resilient and we look forward to seeing you all when it’s safe to do so.

Outlaw Half Nottingham – 17 May 2020

It’s almost certain that Outlaw Half Nottingham cannot happen as planned on 17 May. We are currently looking at an alternative date later in the year. However, if this isn’t possible, we will open up the option of a free transfer into Outlaw Half Holkham or Outlaw X.

If this doesn’t suit, or if these events are unable to go ahead, we are looking into the viability of deferral to 2021 or offering refunds. Sorry that we can’t be more definite on this right now, but please know that we have no intention of keeping your money without giving you something back, it’s not our style.

Outlaw Half Bowood – 7 June 2020

It is unlikely that this event will go ahead as planned on 7 June and we are looking at an alternative date later in the year. If this isn’t possible, we will offer a free transfer into Outlaw Half Holkham or Outlaw X.

If this doesn’t suit, or if these events are unable to go ahead, we are looking into the viability of deferral to 2021 or offering refunds.  As stated above, please bear with us, we have no intention of keeping your money.

 

Outlaw Half Holkham – 28 June 2020

The picture is less clear on where we will be by the end of June, but the likelihood is that we will offer the same as listed above. We will do everything we can to look after you.

 

Outlaw Nottingham – 26 July 2020 & Outlaw X – 27 September

We would like to think that these two events can go ahead, particularly Outlaw X, but we acknowledge that training will be impacted. We know that many of you are medical and key workers. We hope it’s clear from the above that keeping your money without a range of options isn’t going to happen.

Payment Plans   

We are aware that a number of you entered via payment plans and that the next instalment is due to come out on 1 April.  We as the organisers do not have the ability to stop this payment from coming out, however, we are discussing with Active our entry provider, how to delay/stop it from happening.

The current situation is that it comes out automatically, which neither us nor Active believe is fair in the circumstances. They are looking into solutions and we’ll share further information on this in the coming days.

Next Steps

Please wait for our next communication regarding new event dates, deferral, or indeed, refunds. We will do our best to answer questions via Facebook messenger and plan to run a Facebook live Q&A session in the coming days. Thank you for your patience and understanding, this is a really challenging time for everybody.